Sunday, January 15, 2017

Temiscouata Railway: Building the Fleet

With my Harlem Station project nearing completion, I'm actually in the process of reviving my project of building Connors (and maybe more). That's not in a near future and I don't plan working on it before a year when major home improvements will be done and more space available in my house.<br />
<br />
However, I started to sift through my steam locomotives collection and old freight cars. I found out more than I need, including several Intermountain and Accurail cars.<br />
<br />
With locomotives I have on hand, I model a few ones with average kitbashing implied.<br />
<br />
I have a Bachmann Modern 4-4-0, an old IHC old time 4-4-0 and recently acquired a Bachmann 4-6-0. According to pictures, I'll have to replace most of the cabs with new ones similar to Bachmann 2-6-0 or IHC 2-6-0 ones. Unfortunately, Bachmann doesn't sell the cab individually. On the other hand, I got 3 Bachmann Modern 4-4-0 shells in a recent sale. They will provide parts to upgrade all the locomotives.<br />
<br />
In a perfect world, I'll need 4 locomotives to run the layout, including two 4-6-0 for freight trains and two 4-4-0 for passenger/mixed trains. The old 4-4-0 survived up to 1929 and will probably be used on some extra or work trains if I feel like improving it à la Harold Minky.<br />
<br />
I'll purchase the locomotives only when I'll find good deals. I'm not in a hurry. All locomotives will be sound equipped, probably Loksound decoders.<br />
<br />
On the other hand, I'm also planning to revive the Quebec South Shore Railway switching layout. While not in good shape, the module is still&nbsp; there. However, I'll improve the trackage to make switching more interesting than my original version.<br />
<br />
Don't expect frequent updates, but related projects including rolling stock and locomotive kitbashes will find their way here. I have plenty of time to build the fleet at a leasure pace while focussing my energy on Hedley Junction.

No comments:

Post a Comment